Economic Development Advisory Board
- 2 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of each month
- City Hall
2200 Second Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and minutes are available online. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
The members shall reflect experience or interest in the following fields of expertise:
- Medical and healthcare;
- Light industrial, manufacturing, distribution, and warehousing;
- Financial services (banking, investment, and insurance);
- Technology and communications;
- Professional services (lawyers, engineers, scientific, and architects);
- Higher education;
- Arts, culture, recreation and historic preservation;
- Construction and real estate;
- Tourism and overnight lodging;
- Marketing and public relations; and
- Small business and retail centers.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in matters related to economic development and business activities in the development of and periodic updates to the city’s economic development strategic plan.
- Make recommendations on ordinances, policies, short-term action plans, and resources allocated to business and economic development activities and programs of the city.
- Have such other advisory duties granted by the City Council consistent with the business and economic development needs of the city.