STARS Summer Camp
About the Camp
The City of Fort Myers Recreation Division’s STARS Complex offers children and young adults the ideal safe place to play, learn, and explore year round. By offering camps which coincide with school vacations, parents are assured that their children experiences fun, friendly, educational situations outside the classroom.
Proof of residency is required.
|| Fee Per Week
| City Residents
| Non-City Residents
Children must be no younger than 6 on the first day of camp and no older than 14 on the last day of camp.
- First day of camp: Thursday May 30th, 2017
- Last day of camp: Friday, August 4th, 2017
Camp Hours of Operation
- 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday - Friday
- Campers must be picked up no later than 6 p.m.
Free lunch and afternoon snacks are provided through the Lee County School District for the 1st 9 weeks of camp. Campers must bring their own lunch and snacks the final 2 weeks of camp.
Children enjoy a fully equipped indoor gymnasium, computer lab, movies, game room, swimming, arts and crafts, WiFi, and playground.
- Swimming Includes Lessons, Games and Open Swim
- Athletics Include: Softball, Kickball, Basketball Indoor and Outdoor, Tennis and Exercise Classes.
- Game Room Includes: Foosball, Ping Pong and Chess. XBox, Play Station offers fun athletic and dance games.
- Music includes learning how to play keyboards
- Computer Lab is where camper can refresh their studies and play educational computing games.
- This Summer; Art Club in partnership with ARTFEST Ages: 8-14 work on Arts and Crafts projects . 3 Classes on Tues and Thursdays;
1 pm, 2 pm and 3 pm
Children are divided into 3 age groups. Each group is scheduled to go on optional field trips beginning in the 2nd week. The cost of field trips is borne by the parents. A schedule of trips will be available the 1st week of camp.
Some of the locations being considered:
- Butterfly Estates
- Sun Splash
- Calusa Nature Center
- Game Time
- Mike Greenwells
You may enroll in person at the STARS Complex or register online. Please call the STARS Complex 239-321-7545 for further information.