The City of Fort Myers’ Procurement Division staff are currently working remotely and are not available for in person meetings; please contact any member of our team via e-mail or phone if you require assistance. We are still conducting business as usual and are releasing solicitations via Planet Bids and quote requests via GovQuote.
Procurement Services is the centralized authority responsible for the procurement of and contracting for supplies, goods, equipment, contractual services, professional and consultant services, capital improvements and construction and/or any combination of goods and services at the best value, with fairness and integrity on behalf of the City of Fort Myers, City Council, City Manager, staff and citizens.
The City of Fort Myers will follow sound and prudent business practices, promote full and equitable economic participation of all segments of the business community, and follow the strictest ethical standards when procuring commodities and contractual services.
Procurement Services’ mission is to foster and support a Culture of Excellence throughout the City by providing superior goods and services through effective, innovative and strategic procurement and contract management. Procurement Staff is committed to exemplary customer service, professionalism, impartiality, transparency and achieving the best value for the City within the parameters of the law.
The role of Procurement Services is to:
- Provide fair and equitable treatment of all persons interested in the City’s procurement practices;
- Be an expert resource for client departments regarding contracts and purchasing goods and services;
- Partner with departments/divisions to increase the efficiency of City operations by obtaining supplies, goods, equipment, contractual services, professional and consultant services, capital improvements and construction and/or any combination of goods and services required, in a timely manner, meeting the department needs while acting in the best interest of the City and residents;
- Maximize competition for all procurements increasing the value of public funds;
- Assure adherence to all federal laws, state statutes, City Ordinances, regulations, policies and procedures through various methods of procurement;
- Administer the contracting function with internal efficiency, and ensuring that each procurement and contract is in the best interest of the City;
- Utilize local and minority businesses when appropriate, as set forth in Chapter 38 of the City’s Administrative Code of Ordinances;
- Obtain maximum savings through innovative buying and application of value analysis techniques and consolidating purchases of common items.