Darla Bonk grew up in Fort Myers, Florida and attended college in Tennessee, earning a degree in Communication and minoring in History and Bible. She was elected in November 2020 to serve as the Ward 6 councilperson.
Bonk’s professional experience has taken her from Executive Sales Leadership in Fortune 200 companies traveling the country, to Executive Director for the American Cancer Society to coaching and consulting, to now partnering with her husband in their company, Architectural Metal Flashings, and hosting a weekly podcast, “On Your Way”.
Her vast and varied experience has provided her insight into not only various industries, but into people from all walks of life. Through her faith and mentors who poured into her along the way, one thing remains paramount in Councilwoman Bonk’s endeavors, “Love people and serve them well. In that you’ll find the heart of a leader”.
Councilwoman Bonk and her husband have four kids and are staunch community supporters with various non-profits, their local church, and local and world mission organizations.
Councilwoman Bonk will not be conducting her Ward 6 Community Meeting in the month of July. She is planning on holding her next Community Meeting on Tuesday, August 10th at 5:30pm at Gulf Coast Church of Christ on 6 Mile Cypress Parkway. We will be providing more details in August.
- Ward 6 Community Meeting - October 13, 2021 (video)
- Ward 6 Community Meeting - June 9, 2021 (video)
- Ward 6 Community Meeting - April 14, 2021 (video)
- Ward 6 Community Meeting - March 10, 2021 (video)
- Ward 6 Community Meeting - February 10, 2021 (video)
- Ward 6 Community Meeting - January 13, 2021 (video)
- Ward 6 Community Meeting - December 9, 2020 (video)