Human Resources FAQs
- Where is the City of Fort Myers HR department located?
- What are your hours of operation?
- Do I need a City parking pass to park in HR lot?
- I want to see HR; do I have to make an appointment or can I walk-in for service?
- Where do I send Employment Verification Requests?
- Are you Human Resources for Lee County, as well?
- If I want to inquire about City of Fort Myers employment opportunities, where do I go?
- I want to contact Human Services, is that located in the City of Fort Myers HR Department?
- I lost my insurance card; how do I order a new one?
- How do I search my medical, dental, and vision providers?
- How do I apply for Family Medical Leave (FMLA)?
- When do I apply for Family Medical Leave (FMLA)?
- How do I access my benefits from home?
- When is Open Enrollment?
- Does the City of Fort Myers offer a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan?
- I am a retired employee of the City of Fort Myers, who do I contact regarding benefits?
- I am a retired employee of the City of Fort Myers, who do I contact about retiree pensions?
- Where can I find our union contract?
- Where can I find our Policy and Procedures?
- I am a Public Works employee and want to learn about sick leave, where do I find the information?
- Can I convert sick leave to vacation as a Public Works employee?
- How is my vacation and sick leave accruals calculated for a Public Works employee?
- What is a lateral transfer?
- Can employees use vacation time for emergency absence?
- What are the consequences if employees do not show up to work?
- Can employees be required to perform work normally performed by other employees in another job classification?
- What is Organizational Development and Training?
- What is succession planning?
- What if I want to be a supervisor, but am not being developed after I make the request, what should I do?
- I am a supervisor and I do not know how to identify potential, future supervisors. Who do I contact for help?
- I am a supervisor and I want to assign goals for an employee but am not sure of what goals I need to assign or how to make it fair for multiple employees.
- Who do I contact about job openings for the City of Fort Myers?
- Where can I get a list of available positions?
- How do I apply for a position I am interested in?
- Do I have to submit a separate application for each position I am interested in?
- Where do I send a copy of my DD-214 or other documentation for Veterans’ Preference?
- How do I know where I am at in the process after I submitted my application?
- When will I hear from someone if I am not selected?
- Why did I not get an interview? I met the minimum qualifications and have experience.
- I am having trouble logging into my user profile.