- Parks & Recreation
- Rules & Weather Policy
Rules & Weather Policy
The Fort Myers Aquatic Staff understand how important it is for you and your family to have fun at the pool, but to continue to have fun-you have to make sure you're having fun the safe way!
- Make sure to hold on to your receipt, in-case we get inclement weather within the hour, you turn your receipt in for a Rain Check. If you are at the facility for more than an hour then, you can use the receipt to come back in- if we re-open that day or a hand stamp.
- A hand stamp or receipt is required for re-entry.
- Children must be 13 years or older to enter the park without an adult. Children that are 12 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult, who is 18 years or older.
- We do not allow any food or drinks from Memorial Day to Labor Day, as our concession stand is available at that time.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved Personal flotation devices are permitted into the facility. At a first come first serve basis we do have life vest available for rental, you must bring a Keys or an ID to the office for collateral. It is your responsibility to keep track of the life vest, as well as the lanyard.
- Children must be under 48' tall to go down the Kiddie Pool Slides, with or without a life vest, Guests must be taller than 48'' to go down the Slide Tower Slide and know how to swim; life vest can not be worn down the slide.
- Please obey safety rules at all times. No running,No diving, No hanging on the lane lines, One at a time down the slide, No horse play, Lap lanes are for Lap Swimmers ONLY, No throwing children, No "Fake Drowning", and No hanging onto swimmers or having a swimmer on the shoulders is permitted in the facility.
- Fort Myers Aquatics Facilities are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Weapons and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on City Aquatic Facility Property.
- Appropriate swimwear is required; No Thongs, No G-Strings, No Denim Shorts, and No Hard Materials.
- We do not allow any outside music, please use headphones when you are in the facility if you wish to listen to your own music.
Not Following any of these rules can and will be actions to ask you to leave the facility without a refund or re-entry.
During the Winter Season please be aware that if the forecasted temperature is below 65 degrees, the pool will NOT open.
The City of Fort Myers Aquatics program utilizes the WeatherBug lightning alert system. When lightning is detected within a ten mile radius, the WeatherBug lightning alert horn will sound with an uninterrupted thirty second blast, and a strobe light at the top. When this occurs, ALL patrons must clear the deck, and wait at least thirty minutes until there is no longer a threat detected in the area. The all clear is an unmistakable series of three short horn blasts lasting five seconds a piece.
If you suspect there may be inclement weather approaching, we invite you to contact our friendly aquatics staff at (239) 321-7553 before coming to any of our facilities.
Please note: rain checks are available ONLY with submittal of a receipt from that day, and ONLY if you have been in our facility for less than one hour before the WeatherBug horn sounds. NO CASH REFUNDS are available. When you redeem your Rain Check another day, you cannot split the receipt. Whoever is present at the time of admission will be the only guests aloud to use this re-entry pass.