Procurement Services connects client departments and the business community increasing the efficiency of the procurement process using strategic and innovative ideas and creating further opportunities to partner with the City.
Procurement Services Staff is committed to exemplary customer service, professionalism, impartiality, transparency and achieving best value for the City within the parameters of the law. The City strives to promote and maintain high ethical values and procurement practices that are in accordance with Federal Laws, State Statutes and City Ordinances.
Procurement Services staff is available to assist you with any questions that you may have about the policy, process or procedures and we look forward to working with you. You may reach at (239) 321-7232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Fort Myers utilizes a four-tiered threshold approval process.
Level 1: Department may procure with any responsible supplier via p-card or requisition process.
- Goods, equipment and non-professional services between $0.00 and $10,000
- Professional Services between $0.00 and $50,000
Level 2: Department must provide a minimum of two (2) quotes from responsible suppliers using the requisition process
- Goods, equipment and non-professional services between $10,000 and $50,000
- Professional Services between $50,000 and $100,000
Level 3: Procurement staff will obtain quotes
- Goods, equipment and non-professional services between $50,000 and $100,000
Level 4: Formal Competitive Solicitation Process and City Council Approval
- All goods and services in excess of $100,000
The City of Fort Myers utilizes NIGP The Institute for Public Procurement commodity codes to identify goods and services. The City’s E-Services Code Lookup Tool will show the commodity code(s) for goods or services.