Applications Accepted Now!
In need of home repairs or rehabilitation?
The City of Fort Myers Home Repair and Rehabilitation program is designed to assist homeowners with needed repairs to improve health, safety, and the structural integrity of the home. If you income qualify and live in the City of Fort Myers you may be eligible to receive assistance to make necessary repairs to your home.
Start your application now
How to Qualify
To apply for assistance you MUST:
- Live within the municipal boundaries of the City of Fort Myers (Am I in the City map)
- Be a U.S. citizen or resident
- Have annual income meet HUD Income Limits for Lee County
- Must live in your home and be current on all mortgages and property taxes
- Obtain hazard and flood insurance (if applicable) prior to assistance
To apply for assistance your property MUST:
- Be homesteaded
- Be free of excessive clutter
- Property cannot be included in any open bankruptcy proceedings, foreclosure, or probate
- Some repairs may be given emergency priority
- Minimum assistance amount is $15,000 as a grant
- Maintenance type repairs are not eligible
Start your application now, or call 239-321-7965
Home Maintenance Handbook
These basic home maintenance tools are available to help you maintain a safe and sanitary home.
Disabled Veterans looking to make their home suitable for independent living should visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website for information regarding the Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) Grant program.