- Boards & Committees
- List of City Boards
- STARS Management Advisory Board
STARS Management Advisory Board
- 4 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday of each month
- City Hall
2200 Second St.,City Council Chambers
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Members shall reflect knowledge in the area of management and education. Members shall be either a resident of the city or own property in the city or community partnerships.
The board shall consist of 7 members and 2 alternate members. The members of the board shall serve for 3-year terms at the pleasure of the City Council without compensation. If any member fails to attend 3 consecutive meetings, the chair shall declare the member's seat to be vacant.
The members of the board shall be sworn by the city clerk to perform the duties of the office. The duties of the board are as follows:
- Consider maintenance of all facilities
- Consider staffing of all facilities
- Consider hours of operation
- Develop a community partnership
- Write curriculum for the classroom instructor
- Oversee and develop the recreation program
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all matters relating and pertaining to all properties operated by the success through academic recreation support program or which may hereafter be acquired by the city for these purposes
- Recommend to the City Council plans, measures and programs for the care, maintenance and beautification of the success through academic recreation support complex
- Recommend to the City Council an agenda for future programs which are compatible with the success through academic recreation support mission and to establish priorities within the plan which will increase the interest therein to the citizens, residents and youth.
- Actively promote the use of the success through academic recreation support property.
- Develop all programs and curriculum to take place at the success through academic recreation support complex.
- Assist the city in raising funds for all non-budgeted programs, seminars, and other programs determined by the board and city.