Based on the idea that an interconnected network of entrepreneurs has the ability to improve the talent of those within our community, the City of Fort Myers has been at the forefront of trying new ways to provide services to business owners and developers for the benefit of the public.
The Southwest Florida Enterprise Center was established in 1988 and is located at 3903 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and currently has over 35 tenants. Classes are offered and partnerships with various organizations and groups provide educational support for the community. We have a rich history of striving to improve equity and we continue to improve the work to support local business.
There are many stages of Entrepreneur and their growth trajectory can be impacted by many factors. Some things to consider when finding your network:
Goal and Growth Mindset
Surround yourself with people who understand what it takes to either expand your business either in location, services, or increased sales, benefit from being around others with the same mindset.
Sense of Community
Being able to create jobs and strengthen the local economy may not be top of mind while you run your business, but finding a network of other business owners to connect to does build a healthy business environment. Finding ways to manage and minimize risk through safe, smart financial and business decisions. Find your community to support your efforts.
Cash-Flow and Streams of Income
There is a cluster of business owners that hold another job outside their current business. For many this creates the cash flow to fund the next project. Understanding that you may need another stream of income. Some people have a seasonal job and need to cover the remaining parts of the year. Not everyone is ready to launch their business full-time and need to cluster with those who understand the transitional period.
- Cleveland Avenue Design and Grant Criteria (PDF)
- Cleveland Avenue Grant Application (PDF)
- Fort Myers CRA Stormwater Credits 12-2019 (PDF)
- Guidelines and Application for Fort Myers Commercial Property Improvement Matching Grant Program
- Job Creation Talent Attraction Program Application (PDF)
- Job Creation Talent Attraction Program Guide (PDF)
- Landscape Facade Grant Program (PDF)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Full List (PDF)
- Minority/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (M/DBE) Construction Trade Supplier List (PDF)
- MLK Franklin-Carver Home Improve Paint Grant Flyer (PDF)
- References and Examples for Fort Myers Commercial Property Improvement Matching Grant Program
- Tax Increment Rebate Application (PDF)
- Tax Increment Rebate Guidelines (PDF)